Ever wonder what your favorite players are up to during the offseason? Florida Launch midfielder Sergio Salcido is working hard and getting ready for the upcoming season. As a rookie last year, the Syracuse product had two goals and five assists in six games to help the Launch reach the postseason for the first time in franchise history.
Right now, Salcido is working out five days a week, twice per day, in preparation for training camp. Let’s take a look at what a typical day for him looks like:
- 6:45 – 7:45 AM: Wake-up/Breakfast
- 7:45 – 8:00 AM: Head to the gym
- 8:30 – 9:30: Morning lift
- 9:30 – 10:00 AM: Cruise home, shower and get ready for the day
- 10:00 – 10:20 AM: Snack
- 12:00 PM: Lunch
- 6:00 – 6:30 PM: Second lift with sled work, mobility or active recovery work
- 6:30 – 7:00 PM: Head home, shower and get ready for dinner
- 7:30 – 9:15 PM: Dinner either at home or out
Salcido keeps himself on a busy schedule during the offseason. He even sticks to a particular diet as well:
- Breakfast: Five-egg white omelet, some form of protein, avocado, fresh fruit and water
- Snacks: Peanut butter, apples, granola and oatmeal
Outside of lacrosse, Salcido says you can catch him out on the lake with friends, on the beach or on the golf course. If isn’t doing these things, he is probably relaxing at home catching up on some shows or planning lacrosse events, camps or clinics.
Regarding individual goals that Salcido has for the upcoming 2018 season, he wants to be the best athlete on his team and close to, if not, the best athlete in MLL. To be a league MVP at some point in his career would be a major accomplishment to him.
“Team goals, to me, matter most," Salcido said. "As I always have since I got my first lacrosse stick, I want to win a championship.”